Friday, October 19, 2007

PICKS! PICKS!

Alright, if memory serves I recovered admirably from a poor first couple weeks to DOMINATE the picks two weeks ago, before taking my bye last week. That display was not nearly as impressive as this current one though, I’m pretty confident I’m pulling off the rare sweep. Without further ado:


MIA (-16.5) over New England
Confident: Trap game after the big Dallas win. Plus NE is on the road against the only team ever to have gone undefeated and always seem to play the other undefeated tough. Brady sucks at Miami (218 yards and 2 TD in two games last year combined last year, and 312 with 3 picks the year before). Ronnie Brown has been a monster, a heavy dose of him this week should at least keep the NE offense off the field a bit. Also, I feel like I’m the only guy in America who likes the Chambers trade from the Dolphins end. Not only do they pick up a 2nd rounder (great value) but they get rid of a veteran whose not going to be happy there and replace his touches with a kid whose going to think this weekend is the superbowl.

Plus Miami might be nuts enough not to get blown away. Check out this quote from linebacker Channing Crowder: "I don't think we should be any underdog, I don't think the team's that much better than us."

I’m not bold enough to predict an outright upset, but this game is not going to decided by over two touchdowns.

Hesitant: Miami is awful and the Pats are excellent. No team plays the disrespect card better than the Pats and some guy named Channing Crowder just called them out. NE is 6-0 against the spread and I think just picked Miss Cleo over Tom Brady.


Tampa Bay (-2) over DEY-TWA
Confident: I just can’t get that ‘56’ out of my head, I honestly might have to pick against Detroit all season.

Hesitant: This is the type of game that is determined by the style of play, if the ‘under’ comes up I think so does TB, if its ‘over’ I think it’s the Lions – that means that I’m assuming that Tampa Bay can come into Detroit without their workhouse (Cadillac) and impose their style of play.


San Fran (-9) over THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
Confident: the NYFG just played MNF football again and with San Fran than Miami before the bye I can see this game being a bit of a trap. Record aside, I’m not sold on this giants team being any good, plus both of their running backs are banged up – both Ward and Jacobs have bad ankles.

Hesitant: The Niners safeties both get beat deep, and Plax has been a monster this year so I expect him to go off and if they get up early its not like Trent Dilfer is going to be leading a ferocious comeback.

WAS (-7.5) over Arizona
Confident: Arizona is a mess, Washington’s D is legitimately good, Tim Rattey isn’t. Jason Campell just might be, Arizona’s second leading rusher is Matt Leinhart.

Hesitant: I wish the line was a point lower – I think Wisenhunt is going to try to grind this game out, and giving up a touchdown seem like a lot, especially against a team that hasn’t gotten any touchdowns from its receivers this year. I almost talked myself out of this pick.

Atl (-8) over N.O.
Confident: I’ve always been irrationally favorable towards Byron Leftwich, plus when I was guessing this line I was off by WAY too much. I just think New Orleans might stink. I know its an awful game, but I think I’d really enjoy watching these bums play. Fun fact: Jerious Norwood has half of the carries that Warrick Dunn has (82 to 41) but only 30 less yards.

Hesitant: New Orleans may stink, but Atl definitely does stink.


BUFFALO (-3) over BMore
Confident: Buffalo in Buffalo isn’t going to roll over, not with all those Canadians supporting them. Plus there is talk in BMore about Ogden being out for the year and it seems like that entire team is banged up.

Hesitant: Rex Ryan can scheme his ass off and God’s linebacker, Ed Reed, Bart Scot, T. Suggs and the gang used to eat rookie QBs whole. If they get that back it could be a long day.


Ten (-1) at HOUSTON
Confident: V.Young may never lose at Houston: he’s a gamer, its his hometown, and they passed on him for Mario Williams.

Hesitant: he might be hurt, which throws off their entire weeks gameplan. As Mawae, their center put it, “its not like they’re going to run the option with Kerry Collins in there.” But they do have to practice it.


OAK (+3) over Kansas City

Confident: Oakland is the shit! Kansas City is actually leading that division, and that’s not going to keep up.

Hesitant: not Hesitant, which surely means I’m going to lose.

Jets (-6) over CINCI
Confident: Often times when a QB is on the ropes they respond with a not-awful game, this is Chad Pennington’s time for that not-awful game.

Hesitant: The JetsJetsJets played an awful game and had an awful gameplan last week, they are not to be trusted. I’m picking a road-dog? Cincy always finishes at .500, meaning they need to start winning now to get there.

SEATTLE (+8) over St. Louis
Confident: I'm not, they both stink.

Hesitant: I lost all my notes on this game, so I'm just writing this instead.

PHILLY (+5) over Chi
Confident: I’m sticking with my man Winston. Plus we always get better as the year goes along, and this year is certainly going along.

Hesitant: That line is WAY too high, our starting right tackle, who has started 183 consectutive games, hurt himself falling off a table, this may not be our year. Devin Hester is really scary.

Minn (-9.5) at DAL
Confident: A team with a good running game and a solid D should never lose by nine and a half points. Plus T.O. is whining again (this week’s pet peeve: why isn’t he getting called out for this week’s antics? Saying “I’m not going to complain even though we should be throwing it deep more often and finding ways to get me the ball” IS complaining!) and Romo’s a jerk.

Hesitant: Any and everyone can pass on the Vikings, which is bad.

Pitt (+3.5) at DEN

Confident: Champ and Bly can’t stop the run. Simeon Rice (who plays for Denver this year, who knew?) is openly complaining in their papers and wishes he didn’t have to play there. No home field advantage because the Rockies have taken that town over. Javon Walker is out

Hesitant: I’m not, this one’s going to be a blowout.

Indy (+3) at JAX
Confident: Indy is really, really good and not getting any respect or attention because the Pats just may be better. Indy shows up in big regular season games (I’m still of the camp that Manning folds in the playoffs AND that he folded last year and the team won despite him in the playoffs), David Garrard is due for a INT?

Hesitant: Indy lost 44-17 at Jacksonville last year.

No comments: