Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week 4 Picks

Last week: 5-9-2 Season: 5-9-2

First off, i could care less about the games this week other than Phillies-Nats and Eagles-Giants. But for kicks, here's my picks.

Oakland (+4) vs. MIAMI
I still think Oakland is ok, and even though Miami could well win this game (they have to win at least once, right?), I don't think it will be by more than 3.

Houston (-2.5) vs ATLANTA
Revenge game for Matt Schaub. And Houston is legit.

CLEVELAND (+4) vs Baltimore
I think the Browns could definitely win this game. They're at home, they despise the Ravens, and Baltimore really isn't all that good this year.

Bears (-3) vs LIONS
After watching Detroit last week, they really play no defense. I think with Griese tossing (I'm hoping to bring that term to QBs in football), the Bears should be able to put enough points to win this one easily.

VIKINGS (+2) vs Packers
I know the Packers are good, and Favre has gotten over that Metrodome mediocrity he used to have. Still, though, I think the Packers might be a little flat after that win over San Diego and the Vikings can shut down their offense and make it a low scoring game.

COWBOYS (-13) vs Rams
I despise the Cowboys, but they are damn good this year and the Rams are just atrocious. Brian Leonard will also be starting at running back for St. Louis, which may well be the first white starting back since Travis Jervey somehow got on the field for Green Bay. That usually spells disaster.

BILLS (+3.5) vs Jets
I only picked the Bills since I was on the fence about this game, and in doubt I'll go with the home team, especially if they're getting points. I'm starting to get off the Jets bandwagon after a nice year-long ride.

PANTHERS (-3) vs Bucs
I have no statistical evidence for this because I don't feel like looking this up on espn.com, but it feels like the Panthers always win this game.

49ERS (+2) vs Seahawks
I'm still not sure that Seattle is good enough to win a road division game against a decent team. Also, I can never pick a team with two die-hard Bush supporters.

Steelers(-6) vs CARDS
Arizona is a little bit too popular of a pick in this game. Even though this game wreaks of a good team flying across the country to play a bad one and laying an egg, I'll still put my money on Willie Parker making enough plays to win this game. Whether it's by 6, I don't know, but I'll take it.

CHARGERS (-12) vs Chiefs
San Diego has to get right soon. They should get up for this game since it's against a rival, and KC is god awful.

COLTS (-10 ) vs Broncos

Eagles (-3) vs GIANTS

BENGALS (+7.5) vs Patriots

No comments: